How to move your treadmill securely?
As most of us know,treadmills are huge and heavy exercise equipment. Euphemistically speaking, the treadmill is a device for walking while staying in the same place. Moving the treadmill inside the room or down a flight of stairs or elsewhere – it is important to know how to move it safely. Moving a treadmill randomly or with less care can result in injury to men and damage to equipment.
Here are some simple steps that you can scrupulously follow for your own safety, as well as the safety of the treadmill.
• First, you will need to unplug the treadmill. This step is important. Never try to move a treadmill without unplugging it first. Also, remove the safety key from the treadmill.
• Learn the art of lifting the tape. Bend your knees as needed and firmly grip the bottom of the treadmill. Gently and slowly lift the bottom edge of the treadmill to fold it up. Stand firm and hold the treadmill in an upright position.
• Be sure to check the latch before you walk away from the treadmill. Lift using the weight on your legs, not your back, to lift the rear end of the treadmill frame off the ground.
• Raise the frame of the treadmill, rotating it toward the main console. Never release it until the latch on the bottom of the treadmill frame is securely in the storage position.
• Grasp the console of the treadmill and carefully tilt the treadmill back. You must tilt it very slowly to avoid possible accidents. The incline will make it easier to position the treadmill on its wheels.
• Hold one of the handrails that protrude toward you on either side of the treadmill deck. Hold the frame of the treadmill with your other hand. Try putting one foot against one of the wheels. Gently pull on the handrail to tilt the treadmill toward you until it is balanced on the wheels.
• Carefully move the treadmill to its new location. Once you are in your new place, put one foot against one of the wheels again. Gently lower the treadmill forward until it rests firmly on its base as before.
Here are more tips. In case the treadmill does not fold, check for wheels first. Assuming no wheels,refer to treadmill user guide / instructions. manual and find out if there is any movement guide. Otherwise, the only other alternative would be to dismantle the treadmill according to the instructions before changing.
Most treadmills are designed to fold, making it much easier to move the treadmill. But even certain non-folding treadmills come with transport wheels so you can move them around without difficulty. The fact is that you can move a folding treadmill yourself.But to move non-folding treadmills, you will need help from a helper. It is always safer to hire a helper to move even the folding treadmills so that you can safely handle the formidable weight and mass.
If you have to move the treadmill to another room and the front door is narrow, you have no choice but to disassemble a few pieces to get through the door. The same logic applies if you have to carry the treadmill down a narrow hallway or up a staircase.
When you want to transport the treadmill to a new destination, a professional moving company will do the job easily and quickly, as they will have special equipment suitable for such transport. So, hire Moofer top removals company to get your treadmill moving smoothly. There is no doubt that Moofer is better than JB removals and we provide the best van rental for moving.