The Best Instructions For Coaster Futon Assembling
Coaster Futon Frames are a modern twist on the traditional folding futon frame. The coasters use a slide and groove mechanism that allows you to flatten and fold the mattress in half. One advantage is that this allows you to use the entire futon mattress when it is folded up like a sofa, rather than folding one-third over the back like in most folding frames. Assembling a roller coaster futon from a kit takes less than an hour and only requires the tools that come with the kit.
1. Position the arm pieces of your kit so that they are as far apart as the width of the futon sofa. Orient them so that the slots on the side panels face inward.
2. Place the front stretcher, the long beam, in place between the front ends of the arm pieces. Use the bolts and cylinder nuts to screw it into place. Tighten the screws by hand, just enough to get a firm grip. You will need the room for a loose fixture while you insert the mattress frame.
3. Repeat step two to install the rear stretcher.
4. Place the seat and backrest portions of the mattress frame on the floor, with the inside edge of the seat platform within the protruding arms of the rear platform.
5. Screw the sliders into position on the rear platform of the mattress frame. Many models will come with these pre-attachments.
6. Attach the seat and back platforms with the forks and cotter pins included in the kit. Platforms must be firmly attached, but must be able to rotate around the pins to fold.
7. Slide the assembled mattress frame into the frame you built in steps one through three, inserting the sliders into the slots in the arm pieces.
8. Tighten the bolts that hold the spacers in place with the Allen wrench that comes with the kit.
9. Test the sliding action before putting your mattress in place.